Tom Brady leaving the New England Patriots has never felt more realistic.
Multiple reports Thursday morning indicated that the 42-year-old Brady is likely to leave the Patriots after spending 20 years as their quarterback, winning six Super Bowl championships.
A Boston Herald source says that a Brady return to New England is “not looking good” as the team still hasn’t reached out to its longtime QB. ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington also said on “Get Up!” that he “would be stunned if Tom Brady went back to New England.”
Brady’s agent Don Yee declined to address Brady’s negotiations with the Patriots on Thursday at the NFL Combine, per the Herald. Brady can officially become an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career on March 18.
The Herald reported earlier this week that Yee and Patriots officials were expected to meet at the combine this week, which would serve as a “starting point” for serious talks between the two sides. The Patriots have yet to reach out, though.
There will be no shortage of suitors for Brady’s services if he does decide to hit the open market. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers openly flaunted their Brady desires this week at the combine, with head coach Bruce Arians mentioning Brady by name. The Bucs have not given Jameis Winston a ringing endorsement, with Arians calling Winston an “unknown quantity.”
Raiders GM Mike Mayock has also been open about potentially exploring an upgrade to quarterback Derek Carr. Brady was spotted chatting with Raiders owner Mark Davis at last month’s UFC 246 event in Las Vegas, which featured Conor McGregor’s win over “Cowboy” Donald Cerrone.
The Los Angeles Chargers also have an opening after the team and Philip Rivers parted ways. The Tennessee Titans continue to be speculated as a Brady option as well despite talk they want to bring back Ryan Tannehill.